tiistai 9. toukokuuta 2017

Everything happens for a reason


Hi everyone! I decided to write at least this post in English so my international friends could also have a ''once in a lifetime experience'' when actually reading my blog instead of just watching pictures :D.

The reason it has been so silent (again) is not because I would be too busy, but just cause there is not much to tell. I'm still in Brisbane looking for work and doing housekeeping in my hostel but besides that, nothing else really. My days are pretty boring and meaningless and I haven't been too happy lately. I got couple of job offers but even if I wanted to take one of them, they wouldn't start yet and they don't promise too many hours either. I also had a phone interview to one place quite far away, but I'll tell more when I get to know whether I got the place or not. People keep telling me something will come up eventually and I try to keep believing in it. Couple of days ago I kept asking myself why am I still here, wasting my time, but on the other hand where would I go? In Finland I would have the same ahead. Plus, I don't feel like going back yet. For sure I haven't seen or experienced enough yet. I believe there's a reason why I continue trying and don't want to give up.

Jani is still on the farm in Stanthorpe and not making much money because of the short workdays and huge amount of public holidays there was last month. The farmers don't want to work during public holidays or weekends, so there has been too many days off. Also every time it rains, there is no work. We both hope he could do the entire five days this week. Would be the first week so far...

However, I don't want to say my time in Brisbane has been completely s**t. I have met awesome people and done so many nice things. Yesterday we went to check out Mount Coot-Tha with a small group of Finns. I decided to have a break from the job hunt and actually see something from this city. Must say it was a cool view from up there. We saw the view when it was still daylight and later when it got dark. Earlier last week we also had a Finnish people Vappu picknick. We played some games and enjoyed the best ever 1st of May weather. I also saw fireworks and some performances on Buddha's birthday party which was celebrated here in the city centre a week ago. With a friend from the hostel we also went to see some of the galleries and museums (that I normally never do but was definitely worth it) and spent an afternoon at the so called ''Lagoon'' or city beach pool how they also call it.

Vappu picknick!
Awesome weather!



Birthday of Buddha
This is why I normally skip art galleries :D...
  

At the top of Mt Coot-Tha
At the top of Mt Coot-Tha

One of the best things in Brisbane so far happened last week. I was feeling particularly depressed: job search wasn't going well, I felt lonely and something (that shouldn't even be mentioned) had just happened last day. I was walking on the street, when suddenly an old friend back from Finland stopped me. I didn't know she was in the same city with me and I doubt she knew either. We ended up chatting for more than an hour, after which she, her friend and I ended up spending the rest of the evening together. It truly cheered me up, especially when she gave a tip for my job hunt that led to the phone interview I mentioned earlier. Afterwards I feel so thankful of what happened. And I believe it was meant to happen.


I believe that every step you take, every person you meet, every decision you make happens for a specific reason. For days I've been wondering what is the reason for me being unhappy, unable to find a job and living meaningless days. I've come up with the conclusion it's meant to grow me mentally and show that even travelling isn't always just happiness and perfect bliss. This is meant to remind me to enjoy the little things in life and appreciate the good times and achievements. So it seems these couple of weeks haven't been that meaningless after all... :)


I want to give a valuable advice to all of you: don't burn the bridges behind you. You never know who you'll need in your life in the future. I have recently received help from two awesome people I would have never thought I'd need here, but because of them I might soon have a job.

Happy Tuesday for ya'll! ;)

<3: Jenna  

Mt Coot-tha lookout

This blog post was born while listening to:

Marchesini and Farina aka FARMA 2012 Rework Radio -- Beautiful Life

Faydee -- Legendary

Martin Garrix, Dua Lipa -- Scared to Be Lonely

Zara Larsson -- Ain't My Fault

Sigala, Bryn Chrisopher -- Sweet Lovin'

Zedd, Selena Gomez -- I Want You To Know

Fais, Afrojack -- Hey

Ed Sheeran -- Castle on the Hill

Ed Sheeran -- Galway Girl

Timmy Trumpet, Qulinez -- Satellites

Kretsen, OMVR -- Walls

David Guetta, ft. Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj -- Light My Body Up

Mikko Sipola -- Made of fire


Ps. Right after finishing this post, I got a job offer. Yayy!!! :D<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18462971/?claim=hyg6k4tuczw">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti